Get Your Nursery Accredited
With a view to ensure availability of good planting material, NHB started the system of recognition of horticulture nurseries on voluntary basis. Presently, following agencies approved by the Government for rating and accreditation of nurseries;
- National Horticulture Board, Gurugram (Website: http://www.nhb.gov.in)
- Central Institute of Horticulture, Nagaland (Website: http://www.cihner.gov.in)
- Directorate of Arecanut and Spices Development, Kochi (Website :http://www.dasd.gov.in )
- Directorate of Cashew nut and Cocoa Development, Calicut (Website: http://www.dccd.gov.in)
The scope of the accreditation is to establish a network of quality nurseries across the country for the purpose of propagation and distribution of quality planting material of specified horticulture crops.
The recognition shall be accorded to the nurseries for:
- Production of quality planting material of one or more specified crops by adopting Good Nursery management Practices.
- Nursery Premise only where sale of specified quality planting material of recognized source are being carried out by creating necessary infrastructure facilities and proper record keeping.
For more details regarding accreditation and rating, please visit the Website of the respective organisation.